This event was in the past. For current and future events visit our What's On Page.
Sunday 8 December 2019 6.00pm - 9.00pm
St Harmonica's Blues Club: Monthly Blues Jam (with curry!)
The first Friday of every month is Comedy Night so NO Blues Club on Friday BUT, this Sunday 8th December, 6.00pm - 9.00pm gives lots of players and singers the chance to perform on the stage at the Southgate Club at the legendary St Harmonica's Blues Jam. Best blues In North London at the best venue in North London and, we think, the only Blues Jam in London where you can take part, or be part of the audience and avail yourself of delicious Goan Curry (optional) at just £10 for a vegetarian or non-vegetarian thali. Curry will be served between 6.00pm and 7.00pm
Proceedings will kick off at 6.00pm sharp with the house band followed by carefully selected combinations of players and vocalists performing the numbers of the vocalists’ choosing. Anything could happen and it usually does, sometimes it is magnificent!
Jammers: Sign in on arrival, ideally before 6.00pm, with name and preferred instrument. We'll supply the drums, keyboard, amps, and PA. as well as DI boxes for the odd acoustic instrument.
Queensbury Jamming Rules apply:
- the singer calls the tune, decides the key, and dishes out the solos;
- players: please unpack your instrument, tune up and have everything ready before it's your turn to play;
- solos are generally 2 verses long, unless the singer decides otherwise;
- sets are 3 songs (unless we're running out of time, or your songs are 10 mins long);
- if you aren't a drummer or keyboard player, bring your own instrument. Drummers, do bring your own sticks!
Audience members are vital to the whole proceedings! See you there. Same as on Fridays, free admission with your St Harmonica’s 2019 membership card.
PGC cannot guarantee that all What's On information is 100% accurate. If in doubt, we recommend you contact the organisers or visit their website using the More Details button.