This event was in the past. For current and future events visit our What's On Page.
Sunday 7 July 2019 6.00pm - 9.00pm
St Harmonica's Acoustic Blues Jam
The first Friday of every month is Comedy Night so NO Blues Club this Friday BUT, this Sunday, 7th July, 6.00pm - 9.00pm gives lots of players and singers the chance to perform on the stage at the Southgate Club at the legendary St Harmonica's Acoustic Blues Jam. This one is a bit unusual as we will only be playing instruments that don't need to be plugged into an amp (although we will still put them through the PA), and endeavouring to select material that suits this style. We may make one or two special exceptions (e.g. for keyboards), but please don't come expecting to play electric guitars, bass, etc.
Proceedings will kick off at 6.00pm sharp with the house band followed by carefully selected combinations of players and vocalists performing the numbers of the vocalists’ choosing. Anything could happen and it usually does - sometimes it is magnificent!
Sign in on arrival, ideally before 6.00pm, with name and preferred instrument. We'll supply some drums & percussion, keyboard, acoustic bass, mics and DI boxes for acoustic instruments, and the PA.
Queensbury Jamming Rules apply:
- the singer calls the tune, decides the key, and dishes out the solos;
- players: please unpack your instrument, tune up and have everything ready before it's your turn to play;
- solos are generally 2 verses long, unless the singer decides otherwise;
- sets are 3 songs (unless we're running out of time, or your songs are 10 mins long);
- if you aren't a drummer, bassist, or keyboard player, please bring your own instrument. Drummers, do bring your own sticks!
Audience members are vital to the whole proceedings, and highly valued!
Same as on Fridays: free admission with your St Harmonica’s 2019 membership card; put some money in the hat if you enjoy the music.
PGC cannot guarantee that all What's On information is 100% accurate. If in doubt, we recommend you contact the organisers or visit their website using the More Details button.