Remember Me     Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Former Starbucks, Palmers Green

Former Starbucks, Palmers Green 14 Nov 2017 18:46 #3334

Ibrar Dar Ibrar Dar's Avatar Topic Author Online
Noticed somebody measuring up in the former Starbucks building in Palmers Green - I assume the whole of Palmers Green is quietly praying its not going to become another beauty parlour shop (whether that be nails, tanning or hair )- surely the folk in Palmers Green are not that bad looking?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Former Starbucks, Palmers Green 15 Nov 2017 09:59 #3335

What?! Haven't been into the town centre in a little while, is the Starbucks opposite (soon leaving) Waitrose closed???!!

Former Starbucks, Palmers Green 15 Nov 2017 11:23 #3336

Ibrar Dar Ibrar Dar's Avatar Topic Author Online
Clearly its been some time David as the Waitrose is now a Co-op (up and trading) and yes Starbucks closed sometime ago

Former Starbucks, Palmers Green 15 Nov 2017 13:49 #3337

Holy moly! Last I'd heard it was 'rumoured' Co-Op were coming in but not confirmed. Since I moved home I spend more time in Southgate now than PG.

Echo your sentiments regarding not another 'beauty' establishment. Green Lanes is riddled with them and bookies.

Former Starbucks, Palmers Green 16 Nov 2017 09:30 #3340

Unfortunately, it looks as though the big corps prefer Winchmore Hill than Palmers Green, and I don't blame them. I've lived here since 2010 and i've seen it deteriorate gradually. Southgate is lovely, lived there for 18 years before moving. #badmove

Let's hope the Starbucks shop becomes something useful.

Former Starbucks, Palmers Green 16 Nov 2017 12:43 #3342

There's an excess of floor space. In addition to Starbucks, the original Tesco on the other side of Green Lanes which was then the clothing store "Store 21" which is (I think) still vacant, the Fox development will add more. There are rumours of Lidl/Aldi and Tesco being interested in one or more of these sites. Add in the existing Morrisons, Co-op and Sainsbury's I wonder whether we have reached "peak food store" yet as we seem to have with provision for cafe/coffee bars, not to say nail bars and hairdressers?

Former Starbucks, Palmers Green 23 Nov 2017 11:52 #3361

Adding to PG retail woes, Multi-York has just gone bust, that's another big retail unit opposite the ex-Waitrose and next to the big vacant Starbucks that'll sit around empty looking for someone to take such a big space.

Would be great to get a top casual dining brand in but all the acquisition programmes have stopped and many are retrenching. Pity, would be a great boost for PG evening economy.

Former Starbucks, Palmers Green 16 Sep 2018 07:46 #4053

I wish we could get some different, like an art shop, book store, jigsaw puzzle shop or model train shop :) but then it may just be me in there!

Looking forward to the new Aldi where Iceland used to be as I'm hoping they'll stock my favourite pizza, Dr Oetker Funghi pizzas as nowhere else seems to stock it anymore!

• Page:
Moderators: PGC WebmasterBasil Clarke
Time to create page: 0.913 seconds

Latest forum posts