Remember Me     Forgot Login?   Sign up  
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: More frequent trains from May, but the complete new service will be delayed until December 2019

More frequent trains from May, but the complete new service will be delayed until December 2019 16 May 2018 18:41 #3833

It's just be drawn to my attention that assuming I've read it correctly from 28 Oct to 2 December PG will be on the Sunday bus replacement "service" between Stevenage and Ally Pally and vice-versa. I don't recall an explanation for this. Inset days for driver training? Leaves on the line? Trees being felled?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More frequent trains from May, but the complete new service will be delayed until December 2019 20 May 2018 08:58 #3848

Friday evening returning from town, “train cancelled due to lack of drivers”; Saturday evening returning from town, “train cancelled due to lack of drivers”; and looking at the situation today in planning a town trip it’s a complete nightmare – “reduced service due to a shortage of train crew”. Here, on the threshold of the new timetable with apparently even more trains, the present shambles continues. Who will be driving them all?

As with so many iterations of the East Coast main line, it seems you bid unrealistically high to win the franchise and then rip costs out, to passenger detriment, in a vain attempt to square the position. I can’t help but think that a train (transport) service focused on viable travelling for all, rather than one focused on profit for a few is what is needed. TfL can't take over this line fast enough for me.

More frequent trains from May, but the complete new service will be delayed until December 2019 21 May 2018 09:21 #3849

Shambles today, first commute day of the new timetable and, despite telling customers to prep for this for months, GNR werre clearly totally unprepared. First train 33 minutes delayed, next 2 cancelled.

Thankfully I noticed before leaving home so went the long way round via the tube.

Not drivers is always the worst excuse. Grossly overpaid and on extremely cushty hours - no excuses for not having a packed rosta.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.607 seconds

Latest forum posts