Walking and Cycling Grants London is a programme which supports London’s diverse communities to walk and cycle more often and more safely. The programme, funded by Transport for London and administered by Groundwork London, offers grants to projects of up to £10,000 over a three year period.
The programme aims to:
- Increase walking and cycling in London (including new, lapsed or occasional cyclists)
- Increase confidence in walking and cycling
- Increase walking and cycling frequency
- Make bike ownership more accessible
- Introduce exercise to people who are particularly inactive via walking and cycling
- Reduce social isolation and get people involved in their local community
Who can apply?
To be eligible for the Walking and Cycling Grants London scheme your organisation must operate within Greater London and be one of the following groups:
- a community organisation
- a charity or third sector organisation
- a not for profit organisation, community interest company (CIC) or social enterprise.
Projects that are suitable for funding are those which:
- will encourage people to walk or cycle more often and more safely for transport, exercise or leisure, particularly those who are new to cycling, used to cycle but no longer do so or are infrequent cyclists; and
- will focus on connecting with a diverse range communities which are currently detached, for a variety of reasons, from walking or cycling in London.